Allegany County Lodging Relief Fund
Lodging and Accommodations COVID RELIEF Grant Program:
The Allegany County Lodging and Accommodations COVID Relief Grant will provide grants to qualifying lodging partners in Allegany County, MD, to promote and encourage stabilization within Maryland’s hospitality industry.
The relief program is funded through the Maryland Department of Commerce. Allegany County businesses have been earmarked to receive approximately $114,362.72 of these funds.
- Up to a $25,000 maximum.
- Grant funding will be allocated based on the number of eligible applications received, demonstrated loss, and financial need. Each application will be reviewed by Allegany County Government to determine the actual grant amount for each applicant based on the application, supporting financial statements, and available funds.
- Grant applications will be prioritized to businesses that have not already received funding through the Maryland Department of Commerce Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant or Loan Funds, the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF), and/or Allegany County’s Lodging Relief Grants.
Grant Opens: Friday, May 14, 2021
Deadline for Application: 4:00 pm EST on May 26, 2021. No grants will be accepted after that date.
Normal operating costs, such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service, or similar costs. Purchase of PPE, sanitization services, or other COVID-19 related costs.
To be eligible for a grant under this program, an applicant must:
- Be primarily engaged in activities that, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System, would be included in one of the following NAICS code categories:
- NACIS 721110: (Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels)
- NACIS 721191: (Bed-and-Breakfast Inns);
- If a part of a franchise with multiple locations of businesses, be owned by a Maryland franchisee.
- Own, rent, or lease a permanent accommodations location in Allegany County, MD.
- Be in good standing with Allegany County Government and the State of Maryland with NO outstanding taxes, fees, or other charges.
- Businesses must have a current Allegany County, MD, business license.
- Use the Maryland Business Express link to ensure your business is in good standing or go to: https://egov.maryland.gov/businessexpress/entitysearch.
- Demonstrate need for assistance.
Required Supporting Documents:
Please download the necessary forms and submit them when requested during the application process.
- Fully completed application (provided)
- Completed W9 Form
- Copy of Allegany County Business Licenses, if applicable.
- Profit & Loss Statement (or equivalent) showing Gross Revenue for April to November 2019.
- Profit & Loss Statement (or equivalent) showing Gross Revenue for April to November 2020.
By completing this application, the applicant accepts the following terms:
1. The following are eligible expenses that the applicant is permitted to use awarded grant funds towards:
- Normal operating costs, such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service, or similar costs.
- Purchase of PPE, sanitization services, or other COVID-19 related costs
All of the information set forth in the application is true and correct. The Grantee and the person signing below have the authority or right to sign this formal application and agree to its terms.
2. The applicant is and will remain in compliance with the laws of the Federal Government and the State of Maryland and its political subdivisions, including all laws prohibiting discrimination.
3. If any information or certification in the application or any attachments to the application are false or materially misleading, the Grantee shall repay any awarded grant funds back to Allegany County, MD, in the full amount.
I have reviewed and accepted the terms above.