To comply with the statutory obligations in the administration of elections and voter registration and to conduct elections in Allegany County that will protect the fundamental rights of citizens in a Democracy.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Serving as an agent for the federal and state government to fulfill mandated programs
- Providing easy access for voter registration
- Conducting fair and honest elections
- Encouraging citizen awareness of, and participation in, the election process
- Utilizing community resources as a vehicle for publicity and voter education
Please Contact Us With Questions
Contact the Office at 301-777-5931 for information on the following:
- Casting Your Vote - Polling places hours, locations, sample ballots and how to vote by absentee ballot
- Changing of Address and Party Affiliation
- Precinct Maps
- Registering to Vote - Requirements to register, deadlines
- Voter Registration Applications
- Voter Registration Statistics
In following with the guidelines of the CDC, the Allegany County Board of Elections regularly scheduled meeting for Wednesday, April 1, 2020 has been cancelled. Read on...
Maryland State Board of Elections (SBE) released the following statement delaying the 2020 Primary Election and requiring vote-by-mail for the special general election for Maryland’s 7th Congressional District. Read Press Release
Voters who prefer to vote from home can request an absentee ballot" as an alternative to voting in person on Election Day. Request Absentee Ballot Here!